John Robert Stevens was a prolific preacher. To truly cover every subject he discussed—in the detail with which he discussed it—would result in a multi-volume encyclopedic work! He expounded the Bible and its myriad of topics, always revealing a fresh insight into the facets of the Christian faith. The topics assembled here are among the more ground-breaking and profound subjects. However, before delving into these deeper topics, it is good to share some of the foundational aspects of Stevens’ faith.
- There is but one God, eternally manifested in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Mankind is lost and spiritually dead through the sin of Adam, but God sent His Son Jesus Christ to redeem us from sin and sickness and to give us eternal life through repentance and faith in Christ Jesus.
- After this life there is a place prepared for those who are saved and a place for the lost.
- Water baptism should be experienced, following our conversion to Christ.
- The anointing and baptism of the Holy Spirit is available for the believer.
- Jesus Christ our Lord is sovereign over the individual believer and the local church, and we as believers are ultimately submissive to Him and Him alone.
Stevens’ essential teachings on these topics have been condensed and digested into articles similar to encyclopedic entries, and they are a great summary of his beliefs concerning these subjects. Just as valuable as the articles themselves are the citations we have included, which are some of the most important and pertinent messages by John Robert Stevens regarding each topic.
Also included are the number of times that a particular subject was mentioned by Stevens in his written materials. Again, keep in mind that these numbers are only reflective of the messages he produced in written form—therefore approximately 11,000 audio messages have not been included in these numbers.
There is no specific order to read these in, so enjoy them as the Lord leads!